I've been wanting to make a little seasonal treat that I thought we'd all enjoy. So I decided to make a batch of chocolate covered pretzels. They're sweet. They're salty. They're crunchy. What's not to love?!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
What you need:
- 1 package (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 dozen pretzel rods
- Chocolate and orange sprinkles
What to do:
- Place semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. (NOTE: Be sure to stir after every 20-30 seconds).
- Hold rod by it's end, and dip it into the chocolate about half way.
- Allow to cool
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.
- Dip rod in (on chocolate covered end) about a quarter of the way.
- Shake on sprinkles while chocolate is wet.
- Allow to cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
I'm pretty sure this little treat was a big success! My two-year old little girl seemed to think so anyway ;)