*Annoucements*
Get your entries in for "Look Whooooo's Snapping"

Friday, July 29, 2011

We'd like TWO Tickets to Imagination Land, Please!

A couple of months ago a friend of mine informed me about a wonderful literacy program for children. A program that will send your child a book each month every month up until he or she turns five years of age. For those of you who don't know, I'm talking about Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. Being a mother who absolutely loves to read to her children (and to myself) as well as a huge advocate of promoting a child's language and reading developmental skills, I was most definitely eager to check it out. And I am so very glad I did. I signed both of the girls up for the program the moment I visited the site. I think it is an awesome idea and an incredible offer. I'm so thankful Dolly was inspired to create such a beneficial program for youngsters in our Nation and all over the world. What a wonderful gift to give!

We've already received two books for both Ava and Audrey. The first book they both received was "The Little Engine That Could," by Watty Piper. It's definitely a cute little book. The opening even contains a sweet message from Dolly herself, hoping the children will love the gifts and wishing their dreams to come true. How thoughtful and precious!


Once we received two copies of this book, I thought it meant they would continue to receive the same book each month, but then book number two came for each of them, and they were different. Ava received a book called "My Little Train," by Satomi Ichikawa, and Audrey's second book was more for her age category, "Where's My Nose?" by Susan Ring. When I signed the girls up for this magnificent program, I was required to give each of their birthdays, which in turn allowed the gift-giver to give age appropriate books for the child (and to confirm they were both of the proper age to enlist).

These are the second of many books to follow for my little passengers to Imagination Land!


 The books even display Dolly's Own Seal for her Imagination Library right on the front cover.


How cute that the books were even addressed to little Miss Ava and Miss Audrey. It's like getting a Christmas present delivered right to our home every month! And I'm just excited as they are (maybe even more so)!!

If you haven't already signed your child up for this amazing opportunity, I strongly suggest consider doing so. We have over 80 books for the girls in our collection already, but trust me when I say, you can never have to many books!! At least check out the site before making your decision. Your child will definitely be glad you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...