*Annoucements*
Get your entries in for "Look Whooooo's Snapping"

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy Birthday To ME!

Yesterday was my birthday. Yes on July 15th of this year I entered the third decade of my life. The big THREE - OH! Should I be sad that I'll no longer see those good ole days of my twenties ever again? Should I feel depressed that I'm getting "old"? The answer, matter-of-factly, is NO. I'm not sad, and I'm certainly not depressed. If anything I'm extremely joyous. I'm exactly where I want to be in life. I've been blessed in so many ways. I'm married to the love of my life, my best friend, my soul mate. I have two beautiful, intelligent, healthy daughters, whom I have the privilege of mothering as a profession. I photograph a little here; I provide a little speech therapy services there. I've learned to enjoy the finer things of life like something as simple as being a part of fellowship with family and friends or something as extravagant as seeing the beauties of a distant land. Whatever it may be, or whatever I may be doing, I'm happy. So what that I'm older. Big deal that I'm aging as time continues it's course. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today if I hadn't traveled all the crossroads that got me here. So, I'm glad to say farewell to my twenties and hello to my thirties. I'm certain I will have many adventures and memories and blessings during this decade to look forward to, and I wouldn't want to miss it for anything!

The first day of my thirties was indeed an amazing day. A true birthday worth remembering. I was surprised in the morning with an awesome gift from my hubby on the kitchen counter just after waking up. It was something I would have never expected him to get me. I don't even remember telling him it was something I would like to have. He just knows me so well, and he knew it would be something I would be thrilled to have. It was a Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter. For those of you who don't know, it's a totally awesome home crafting machine that allows you to cut beautiful designs, letters, numbers, and shapes... perfect for my scrapbooking and all my other crafting tasks! I am in love! I used a Cricket machine several years ago during a scrapbooking party I was attending and thought how awesome it would be if I could eventually have one of my own. And now I can say that I do! Thank you my wonderful, thoughtful husband for a truly special and much appreciated gift.

The Cricut was actually the second gift my hubby got me for my birthday. Several days before he gave me a Barnes and Noble Nook Color. It's awesome. My husband being the computer and technological genius that he is, has actually already hacked it by creating a custom ROM with all the features and advantages of Antroid, which includes but are not limited to the ability to download additional applications (Facebook for example), checking my email, surfing the web, and the ability to install movies. Plus, it still has all it's original features like allowing me to download books and magazines. I've already subscribed to and have read this month's edition of Parenting Magazine. I think I'm going to like this little gadget ;)  




After playing with my new birthday toys and spending a lovely day with my daughters, my husband and I did something we hadn't had the privilege of doing in almost two years.... we went out on a date. I'm talking the whole 9 yards. We went to a nice dinner AND got to see a movie at the theaters. What a treat! It's been quite a while since I've been able to wear my sexy stilettos! (They're not exactly mommy shoes, friends!)

My mom, sister, and brother offered to watch our little munchkins for us while we shared a beautiful, romantic evening together out on the town. Here's us at my brother's townhouse in Morgantown just after dropping off the girls. We both want to thank my mom, Aunt Brooke, and Uncle Brent again for keeping Ava and Audrey and allowing us to have a relaxing, peaceful dinner without the chaos that comes with having little ones around.




First we dined at one of our favorite places to eat in Morgantown, and in fact the location of our first date, a quaint little Italian restaurant known as Puglioni's. The meal was as perfect as the night almost four years ago when we were dating. A delicious house salad with pine nut dressing, fried zucchini, and a shared entree of eggplant parmesan accompanied with fine music, soft lighting, and one another set the most surreal and perfect mood. We wanted to stay there forever... but of course, we couldn't!





After dashing back to the townhouse (a whole mile away) to nurse Audrey, we were off to the cinemas. I had almost forgotten how exhilarating watching a movie on the big screen with the loud noises and enormous images was! I had certainly missed doing this! Being huge fans of the books and previous movies, we decided to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in 3D. It was completely awesome. I'm sure the 2D would have been super too, but seeing it in 3D was like having a huge scoop of the best tasting ice cream on my favorite pie. In other words, I really really liked it! And my husband did too :)  But more than anything, we were just thankful to be able to snuggle close to each other and enjoy each other's company (something that isn't always easy with a toddler and infant at home!). 



I should also mention that all of the driving we did to and from each destination took place in our sweet little two seater convertable Mazda Miata. Pretty snazy, huh?! ;)



When the evening came to an end, and we were all at home tucked snugly in our beds, I laid there smiling and thinking how blessed I am to have had such a wonderful birthday and such special people who love me so much that they were willing to make this day a treat for me. Thank you all so very much again! I love each of you so dearly! I most certainly can say that I in deed had a very, very Happy Birthday :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG I was totally gonna ask you if you were gonna go see HP! But, being somewhat of a nerd, I wasn't sure if you would also think that was nerdy and anyways I have been contemplating buying a nook for quite a while, but wasn't sure how the feel of a computer in my hands wood compare to the page-turning that I secretly love most about reading books. Let me know how that goes. Also - maybe when Shane and I come for a visit in the future we could have a scrapbooking date? I'd love to say I did....one... in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love the Cricut! I have one and used it to make most of the decor for Brody's 2nd birthday party. Let me know what you think about the Nook. I can't decide between the Kindle or the Nook (e-ink, not color so that I can read it outside). Glad you had a great birthday!!! And so glad you finally got a date night with Jeremiah. I know you so badly wanted one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - I'm a huge Harry Potter fan! Now you know I'm a nerd too ;) I also enjoy turning the pages when reading a "real" book, but when you touch the right or left of the screen on the Nook to go forward or backward a page, it does have an illusion of a page being turned... so it's almost the same thing :) But, yeah, I totally love it! I'm currently reading "Water for Elephants". I just think it's so cool that I can select a book at any time, purchase it, and then read it. No need to go to a book store. Pretty handy, I might say! And, we most definitely can have a scrapbooking party when you and Shane come to visit! I'd love it!

    Lauren - I already do... love the Cricut, that is! My sister, Brooke, is visiting with us all week, and we've already used it on more than one occasion. She thinks it's awesome too! We (Jeremiah and myself) took the Kindle and Nook e-ink into consideration before purchasing the Nook color, but ultimately choose the Nook color. It too can be read outside, and because it's in color, once it's hacked it can play videos (like Monster's Inc for Ava) and is compatible with many apps (fb, gmail, etc). Nook color is basically a computer. Whereas, the Kindle and Nook e-ink are solely used for reading. Something to think about when you make your purchase ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...