It's been snowing at our house all day. In fact, it's been snowing non-stop for 2 whole days! So, I decided what better way to keep our tummies warm and satisfied than a nice, big bowl of smoked sausage and potato soup!
Caution: Your mouth may water by the time you finish reading this!!
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 lb smoked sausage
1 medium onion
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Pour chicken broth in crock pot.
2. Add can of mushroom soup and mix well with broth.
3. Peel and dice potatoes, add to crock pot.
4. Dice onion and saute in skillet with olive oil until soft.
5. Slice smoked sausage and then quarter.
6. Add to onion.
7. Cook until smoked sausage is hot.
8. Add to crock pot.
9. Cook on high for 4 hours.
10. Before serving, lower heat and add milk and cheese. Stir in cheese until melted.
11. Mix cornstarch with a small amount of water. Mix until smooth. Add to soup to help thicken.
(Add a little shredded cheese on top to garnish.)
Then let your belly do the talking... saying "Thank you" that is! Enjoy this warm and hearty dish with a slice of warm, buttered corn bread.
It's snowing outside, but who cares because we're
warm and comfortably fed in here :)